SafeWorks Illinois is excited to name Champaign Gymnastics Academy as the recipient of the second COVID-19 Best Practices Award. They were chosen for this month’s award for their extremely proactive and transparent approach to providing the safest environment possible for their clients and staff, including:
- Continuous updates on COVID-19
- Champaign Gymnastics Academy has stayed on top of the COVID-19 news and guidelines. They are continuously updating their policies and procedures to ensure they are following the necessary steps to keep their staff and gymnasts safe.
- Comprehensive Handbook
- Champaign Gymnastics Academy has a comprehensive handbook on their website outlining their COVID-19 policy and procedures.
- This handbook outlines the importance of following guidelines as well as the operational phases for their policies and procedures.
- Sources are well cited and easily accessible if you are viewing this from your web browser.
- Electrostatic sprayer is being used.
- Champaign Gymnastics Academy is utilizing an electrostatic sprayer to sanitize their facility. This is being utilized before and after each session. This tool sprays positively charged particles onto surfaces which will adhere to them and sanitize quickly and effectively.
- Champaign Gymnastics Academy has a sanitizing station, excellent signage regarding their safety policies, 100% mask compliance, and is adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Owner, Ian Dennehy, said about their efforts, “CGA has always been about serving the community. Right now, the best way we can do that is by keeping our community safe. We have worked hard to research the safest and most effective practices so we can continue to offer our members a fun, exciting, and quality gymnastics experience while putting the safety of our families and staff first. We have had such a positive response from our families, and I believe a lot of that has to do with our continued communication and transparency as this situation evolves.
We are also incredibly lucky to have an extremely committed and passionate staff. They continue to meet every challenge head on and their enthusiasm and dedication to CGA, their gymnasts, and our families is apparent every day they show up to work.
We are truly thankful for the trust and support our families have shown us. They continue to choose CGA to be part of their lives, even in such uncertain times, and that’s how we know we’re doing things right.”
Information about Champaign Gymnastics Academy and their safety procedures and policies can be found on their web