Drug Testing is a key component of many companies’ risk management program. SafeWorks Illinois assists companies in implementing their drug screening programs.
We offer a variety of tests, including:
- Rapid 5 or 10 Panel Drug Testing
- 9 Panel Drug Testing (excludes THC)
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Hair Testing
- Saliva Testing
- Federal and Non-Regulated Drug Screen Collections
Random Consortium Programs
SafeWorks Illinois can manage your company’s random/consortium program. This program is confidential and will provide you the necessary information for auditing purposes. We offer employers assistance in managing all or part of their drug and alcohol testing program’s compliance for both DOT and Non-DOT. We will ensure that your program is compliant with all state and federal regulations.
The following are some reasons for testing:
- Reasonable Suspicion
- Return to Duty
- Follow Up
- Private Pay & Court Ordered
Reasonable suspicion testing is based on a suspicion that an employee is using drugs and/or alcohol in violation of the company’s policy drawn from specific and objective facts. Among other things, such facts and inferences may be based upon:
- An employee showing signs of impairment, such as difficulty in maintaining balance, slurred speech or otherwise appearing unable to perform assigned work in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Abnormal conduct or erratic behavior while at work or a significant deterioration of work performance.
- A report of alcohol or other drug use provided by a reliable and credible source.
- Arrest or conviction for a drug and/or alcohol related offense or the identification of an employee as the focus of a criminal investigation into unauthorized drug possession, use or trafficking.
Post-accident drug and alcohol testing is conducted when an employee is involved in an on-the-job accident that may have involved human error, or otherwise engages in unsafe job-related activity that poses a danger to himself/herself or someone else.
CDL holders involved in accidents that result in the following are required to have a federally regulated drug screen:
- A fatality or
- An injury to an employee requiring off-site medical attention or
- Property damage estimated to exceed $500 ($1000 or $2000 are other options) or
- A citation was issued
For additional information, the FMCSA has a comprehensive chart listing when drug screens are required.
SafeWorks Illinois offers a comprehensive drug and alcohol substance abuse management program, including reasonable suspicion training for supervisors. Our skilled team can manage all of your company’s drug and alcohol testing services by developing a custom program to fit your specific needs. In addition, we will coordinate and manage the collection, random selection, provide Medical Review Officer (MRO) services, and can assist you with all required reports to ensure compliance.
Please contact us if you would like additional information on our drug testing services or if you would like us to create a plan customized for your company.