SafeWorks Illinois is excited to name Willow Tree Missions Resale Shop as the recipient of the third COVID-19 Best Practices Award
The Willow Tree Missions Resale Shop is the primary source of financial support for Willow Tree Missions’ Domestic Abuse Program that provides temporary shelter to residents of Piatt County who are victims of domestic abuse.
“This is the first non-for-profit organization that SafeWorks has recognized with this award,” said Dr. David Fletcher, SafeWorks Illinois Medical Director and a board-certified Public Health Specialist. “Because of harsh economic times, their customer base has expanded because of the low cost of the everyday essential items they sell. After closing for a couple months, the Willow Tree Mission management team religiously adopted Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan about how to safely reopen retail stores. They are a glowing example of what a not-for-profit can do on shoestring budget and should be inspiration to other not-for-profit agencies.
They were chosen for this month’s award for their extremely proactive and transparent approach to providing the safest environment possible for their clients and staff, including:
- Extensive outbound messaging on social media about their COVID-19 safety procedures
- Signage posted before entry and throughout the store about safety procedures and policies
- Implementation of plexiglass shields around the cash register and front desk to provide additional safety to both staff and customers during transactions
- Adherence to all Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines throughout phase 3 and 4 of the Restore Illinois reopening plan
- Ongoing sanitation inside the store throughout the day. Team members have checklists of cleaning and sanitation procedures that must be completed at set times each day.
- Staff members keep a list of direct contacts to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a positive test.
Director, Rachel LeJeune, and Store Manager, Heather Denam said “We are so thankful to be able to be open. The support and positive feedback from our customers have been amazing.”
Willow Tree Missions is a Christ-centered 501c3 tax-exempt organization that provides victims of domestic abuse temporary shelter, advocacy, legal assistance, and counseling. All resale shop proceeds are generated solely by sales and monetary donations. For more information on Willow Tree Missions, visit their website or call (217) 762-2350. The retail shop is located at 351 W. Monroe Street in Monticello, Illinois.
The SafeWorks Illinois Best Practices Award was started in June 2020 to honor businesses that are exemplary in their practice and procedures to protect staff and customers from contracting COVID-19 virus infection.